There are bridges that I burned a while ago. 
And there are new ones that I'm working on now.

New friends and colleagues from which I receive support and teaching. To which I give my friendship and support from a new understanding of what those  mean to me now.

Aikido as any other human activity cannot be done in a vacuum. It needs context. To fully understand what has been, what it is and what it is becoming. And bridges of communication is part of that context. 

In my case, some have been burned and there's no way back. There's nothing to talk about. The common language of understanding was broken and what is left is only the superficial small talk of everyday activity  and nothing more. The courteous and civil way of relating but apart from that there's nothing left. 

New bridges are been built to get into a new conversation with new individuals, in a new context, a new understanding of where I am and where I want to go.

mcr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog